Saturday, December 10, 2016

Heavy is the Head...


I started Crown Heavy LC about a year and a half ago. I was working for Comcast at the time. I was a hard worker for the company. I tried to climb the corporate ladder and failed. Even with my Bachelor's degree, no matter how many ideas my non-educated white supervisor stole from me, no matter how many times I did the job of others, no matter how many initiatives I took to better the company, I was constantly overlooked at promotion time. It was around this time that I realized that working for somebody else the rest of my life was not a life I wanted to live. It was around this time that I started to open my eyes to racial employment prejudice. It was around this time that I began to really grasp the plight of black people in a corporate setting. It was around this time I started to really take control of my destiny. It was around this time that I began to think of an entity that I would love to pass down to my unborn seed one day. It was around this time that I gave life to Crown Heavy LC.


I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a novice when it comes to fashion. But I've never been told I couldn't dress. I'm 6'4", 200lbs, handsome, 29 years young and I intend to take advantage of my high metabolism. More than that, I'm an ambitious black man with a chip on my shoulder.


I intend to use Crown Heavy as a vessel to further black progress. As a black owned business, I plan to become big enough to put my black ppl into a better position to succeed. I think this past election has proven that the black dollar trumps the black vote (pun intended). I want to set an example with Crown Heavy. I hope I can encourage my melanated people to support other Black owned brands: Negash, Laced Legacy, Dashiki Pride and now Crown Heavy. I hope that we circulate the black dollar throughout the black community. It's going to take a community effort to overcome our economic trials.

Black Dollar > Black Vote

#CRWNHVY


posted by Giovanni of Crown Heavy LC

No comments:

Post a Comment