Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in a Nutshell

As another year comes to a close, it is my pleasure to do my annual "end of the year wrap-up". I started doing these in 2006 while I was on Hi5. There a really good way to recollect on your growth from the past year and highlight the things you want to remember.


I brought in 2011 with my family in the Virgin Islands while I was 5 months pregnant with my son Jeremy. After getting stuck in the Virgin Islands because of a snow storm on the Atlantic coast, I made it home and started preparing for the arrival of my son. My 2 year anniversary was spent in Paris, France -cue Jay Z and Kanye West song- and upon my return from a married couples retreat in Garmisch, Germany I had an awesome babyshower hosted by my good friend Julie.



On May 14 at 4:54pm, the love of my life made his way into my world: Jeremy D. Nick ❤ Being a mom is one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Seeing my son smile makes everything in my world okay. Life was okay before I had him but centering my life around someone than yourself really brings everything into perspective. Things that used to mean everything to me before are minuscule now.



In October, we were able to visit my family in the Virgin Islands, not under the best circumstances, but we made the best out of a bad situation. Tramaine and Jeremy got to meet everyone on my side of the family and we definitely had an awesome time. For the Christmas holiday, we came back to Maryland so that my in-laws could meet Jeremy. Overall, this year has been awesome to my family and I hope that you can say the same. See you in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment