Sunday, September 21, 2014

a Night for Strong Women

blazer: H&M | top: EXPRESS | skirt: ROSS | clutch : MICHAEL KORS | heels: STEVE MADDEN
This weekend I had the pleasure of attending The First Annual CSRA Hair & Fashion Show. The show was dedicated to Women of the Military and I was honored to receive the Women of Strength Award, which I was nominated for by one of my best friends Jessica (of Diva on a Budget) who is also a Army veteran. It was such a humbling experience to see the show and the community's response to the military in general. I was proud to be in attendance and with God's grace I hope to be in attendance of many more.


I really don't know what inspired this outfit. It all started with the skirt that I found at my favorite store, Ross. When I got it, I never really thought about how I would style it, but I knew I had to have it. When I was invited to attend the event, it instantly was clear to me that I should incorporate it somehow. My top is from Express and my blazer from H&M. You guys may remember my blazer from my time in Germany back when I used to incorporate it into my outfits quite regularly. & lastly, my heels are Steve Madden (via Dillard's). & if you were wondering, they are not at all comfortable! So there you have it folks! I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend.
xo,

Glenesse


No comments:

Post a Comment