Friday, July 15, 2011

Can you believe it?!

It's been 3 whole years since I shipped off to basic combat training for the US Army! I've come a long way from the person I used to be and I'm very proud of myself even if no one else is proud for me. I joined the Army at the age of 19 on July 8, 2008. Now, 3 years and 2 pay grades later I have a husband, son, home and car. I'm a lot happier now than I was back then too. I think I was too concentrated on the wrong things but after you experience certain things you either start to see a light at the end of the tunnel or you realize that the tunnel is completely dark and you're in it alone. Soldiers truly become an extended family and I can say I'm proud to be one. A lot of people frowned on my career choice but you cant please all the people all the time so I've learned to deal.. Either way, here's some pics from the pasts 3 years:



The weekend before I shipped to basic training.


Staged pic for graduation from BCT.


Me while I was in Advance Individual Training (AIT)


Going on my first convoy: PV2 David


Me during my first field problem with my permanent party unit.


My 2nd deployment: PFC David-Nick


Mirror flicks @ work: SPC Nick




Maternity uniform





Support Our Troops! (:

1 comment: