Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oh, hey Bambi..

Today was a very traumatic experience for me: I hit a deer (which later died). I didn't intend too (do we ever really?!) but there was nothing I could do to avoid it. Country roads here in Germany dont have street lights and by the time I saw it, it was at my driver's side head light. When I clipped it, it was at my passenger side head light. Amazingly enough, THERE WAS NO DAMAGE TO MY CAR.


My license plate, however, did go missing in action for a while. Since I was on my way to the babysitter's house when the entire thing happened, her husband saw my plate on his way to work and brought it back to me. The automotive center on-post reattached my plate and I was right back in business. I also filed a police report, like the law abiding citizen that I am. Hopefully, that doesn't come back to bite me in the ass. German laws are crazy when it comes to animals. I guess we'll just have to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment