Wednesday, March 19, 2014

But WHERE did it come from?!

As I make more decor themed posts some of you guys were wondering where I purchased this stuff. I thought this would be the perfect forum to address these questions. My major furniture pieces were purchased from the Rooms to Go here in Killeen, Texas. Furniture shopping can be a fun, yest stressful time. Starting out, I wanted to ensure while shopping that the personal touches brought into my home were mine. Family and friends are a great asset but who wants to be stuck with stuff that they really don't even like?! It does still benefit to get second opinions, however.

Although I love this sectional, if I knew what I know now at the time of purchase I would have a different piece of furniture in my home. This Cindy Crawford Home Dawson Sectional (seen here) as I said is a gorgeous piece, but the truth of the matter is it was just too big for my space! Not to be discouraged, I had to make it work, after all, it is a beautiful piece. To fix my problem, I just took out the corner piece and presto! A sectional that fits perfectly..
Because I have an open concept living space, my furniture had to be arranged in a way that would define what each space was. I knew I wanted a wooden table. With small children in the house I couldn't chance a glass top table. The cleaning would be horrendous and there's always a chance that it could break; plus, there's something about the look of a solid wood table that drew me in. I decided on the Merrydale Dining Room set (seen here). I swapped out my chair options and went with the slip arm chairs, upholstered back side chairs and had my leaf removed so that the table would hold 6 comfortably. I'm satisfied with this choice..



When I saw the picture below on Pinterest, I knew it was exactly what I needed for my entryway. The click thru link took me directly to the VITTSJĂ– shelves product page on IKEA (found here) and although I was disappointed that delivery of 2 of these shelves would cost more than the items themselves I was happy to see that if I signed up for the IKEA Family (which is free, by the way) I'd receive an instant discount. Plus, IKEA is less than an hour away so we would just need to go to the store and purchase them in person. The IKEA Family discount does not apply to online purchases either, so that just added to the list of reasons why we'd need to pick them up in person. While walking threw the store, I also lucked up and found the exact storage bins from the picture so I was even more excited about my finished look.


So there you have it, all my big ticket purchases! Hope this was helpful and answered any questions you guys were having. If anything is still unanswered, feel free to comment below or email me (link in the sidebar). Stay fabulous, dolls!
xo,

Glenesse



No comments:

Post a Comment