Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Introducing: Jeremy D. Nick ❤



My son is finally here! I can't tell you guys how excited, happy, and relieved I feel! I have so many different feelings and emotions welling up inside. Above all though, PRIDE is at the top of the list. I am the mother of a beautiful baby boy!

I'm pleased to introduce the world to my son, Jeremy David Nick

Jeremy

Jeremy

Jeremy

Jeremy


My water "broke" at about 11:45pm on Friday, May 13, 2011. If you notice, the word broke is in quotations. That's because my water didn't actually brake; it ruptured. So instead of a gush of fluid, I had a trickle. I literally couldn't tell if my water had broken or I was peeing on myself, lol. I wasn't in any other pain or having contractions so I called the hospital. They told me to come in so they could check it out..

Since I wasn't in any pain, I drove myself to the hospital. My friend Julie came with me, because she was SURE that my water had broken. When we got to the hospital, they tested the fluid and determined that my water had in fact broken. I was admitted and spent the rest of the night in a nice painless sleep. The next morning the doctors decided to put Oxytocin in my IV to help me dilate. My husband & I had made the decision to have a natural birth, so the Oxytocin was supposed to help. It did NOTHING but make me woozy. After HOURS of pain, I gave in, requested an epidural and it was smooth sailing from then on.

The epidural was so effective, the nurse had to tell me when I was contracting and when I should push. My labor went unbelievably smooth: I didn't feel my son being born AT ALL. I literally looked down and the Doctor was holding him! Of course, my first reaction was to start crying. (: I still cant believe it: I'm a mommy! There truly isn't any other love like this.. I'll put my life on it.

Jeremy

3 comments:

  1. I just started following your blog and I must say that not only are you fabulous and beautiful, but you are a strong woman as well! I wish you nothing but good health, happiness and the best of blessings for you, your husband and your little angel Jeremy!! He is SO adorable and I wish you all the best! Congratulations on becoming a mother & as usual, stay fabulous! XOXO Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so beautiful, I read your whole blog and just want to say that you are such an amzing,strong person, with great character. Congratulations on bringing such an amazing child into this world.xoxo.chocho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys so much! It really means a lot to me that you guys enjoy my blog! (c:

    ReplyDelete